How to measure for your Cal Cover
It's very important that you take the time to measure correctly for your cover.
CAl COVER will make the cover to your specifications.
Remember this is your cover! CAL COVER can only make it as good
as your measurements and directions.
There are some things you will need to know so please read the
You may want to print this page and use it
as you make your measurements.
- When you first receive your cover generally it will measure
slightly larger than your measurements
(up to one inch). So if it will be placed in a confined space (i.e. decking),
please let us know.
- Most of the time the hinge will run perpendicular to the longest measurement.
So if hinge placement
is important please make sure this is noted on the reverse side.
- It is better to measure the spa and not the cover.
Some covers can shrink up to 2 inches from the sun.
1) Measure Spa for length and width in inches.
- Measure to the outside of the lip.
- If you wish the cover to cover a larger area please
give this measurement instead.
- Always include full length and width with all orders.
2) Measure any cut corners.
Corner Length __________
- If you have an octagon measure all sides to
make sure they are the same.
- If cover is a square or rectangle with cut
corners, measure all corners. If all cut corners
are the same, only one measurement is
needed. If some corners are different, please
note all corners on diagram.
3) Measure the Radius of the corners.
Corner Radius __________
- A radius is the line .connecting the center of a
circle to its curve. (i.e. an 11 Inch dinner plate
has a radius of 5 1/2 inches.)
- Draw lines from the point where the curve
stops on each corner. Measure from the point
in the center where the lines intersect out to the
curve. The length of this line is the radius.
The length of any of the measurement lines to
the left will give you the radius of your corner.
4) Measure for skirt length.
Skirt Length ___________
- The skirt is the material that hangs down from
the bottom of the spa cover. The majority of
skirts are 2 1/2 inches. If this is satisfactory,
there is no need to make a measurement.
Some last minute things to check!!!!
- Each cover comes with 4 sure lock fasteners that are 7" long from the bottom of the cover.
If a longer
length is needed, please make a note in the remarks.
- If cover does not look like any of the drawings below, a drawing
or template made of 4
ml. plastic sheeting will be needed. Please call Cal Cover for assistance. You must mark the top of any template with the word TOP.